Waitress/Waiter | Jones the Grocer | Dubai, UAE
- Post Date:July 20, 2021
- Apply Before: August 19, 2021
- Views 7
Location: Dubai, AE
Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Job Requisition ID: 98350
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
We are looking for reliable and experienced Waitress/Waiter to join our Jones the Grocer team based in Dubai.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Consistently access, anticipate and meet guest’s needs according to Jones The Grocer operational daily procedures, specified customer service levels and HSSE guidelines.
- Maintain full knowledge of all products and menu items, store promotions, company services to successfully deliver them to all customers.
- Follow the correct sequence of service skills to ensure high standards of service in line with brand operating procedures and standards.
- Ensure all workstations and tables within the assigned zones are sufficiently stocked, set up and kept clean throughout the entire shift.
- Complete all assigned side duties as required.
- Responsible for accurate billing and payment processing of their customer transactions.
- Communicate with store management and supervisors any customer and/or operational issues to help maintain positive teamwork within an efficient operation.
- Utilize, maintain and clean relevant equipment within HSSE guidelines for daily operations.
To be successfully considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- 2 years experience in a similar role, in restaurant or cafe business.
- Basic knowledge and/or experience with technical equipment.
- Clear communication skills in English both verbal and written.
- Customer Service in related industry
- Basic cash handling experience
- Can work for long hours and have the physical confidence and coordination to carry plates, trays, etc.
- Arabic and any foreign language is a plus
- Excellent customer care skills
- Flexible to work 6 days/week on rotational shift duties and during weekends and public holidays.