School Receptionist | Deira International School | Dubai
- Post Date:November 10, 2023
- Views 17
- Offerd Salary confidentialCareer Level OthersExperience 2 Years
- Gender BothINDUSTRY EducationQualification Certificate
Date: 1 Nov 2023
Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
We are currently hiring an School Receptionist for Deira International School, Festival City, Dubai.
Deira International School is an Outstanding BSO and KHDA rated, award winning school located on a beautiful campus in Festival City, Dubai.
With students from ages 3-18, DIS is run as a not-for-profit school and is part of the Al Futtaim Education Foundation. Founded in 2005, the school is renowned for providing an outstanding inclusive and holistic education. In our recent inspection, the report recognised the following:
- Staff are overwhelmingly proud of the school and believe that it is well led and provides a safe and inclusive learning environment.
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment across the school is outstanding.
- Teachers have high expectations of pupils and consistently challenge them in lessons and other activities to do their best.
- Staff enjoy working at the school and believe they are treated fairly, respected and valued.
- At every phase, the curriculum is planned with precision, is well sequenced and systematically builds on pupils’ prior learning.
- DIS has a strong focus on academic progress and achievement.
The student body has over 80 different nationalities and this diversity is fundamental to the community nature of the school. Exceptional facilities provide wonderful opportunities for a holistic approach to education; sport, performing arts, academic, technological, leadership and creative pathways are all on offer, ensuring our students enjoy enriching and varied school experiences within our classrooms and beyond.
Although non-selective at admission, our students achieve exceptional exam results which compare to top UK schools. Digital literacy development is emphasised as the school prepares its pupils to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world. This success enables our students to move on to the very top universities worldwide.
Our personalised, play-based and continuous provision in the Early Years ensures that students are rigorously assessed against the prime and specific areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework. This focuses on developing key learning skills and the foundations for accessing the Primary Curriculum. In primary, students receive an enriching and broad curriculum offer, which includes the delivery of several non-core subjects. Our senior students take the IGCSE examinations in Year 11 and move into the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) or International Baccalaureate Career-Related Programme (IBCP) in Years 12 and 13.
Al Futtaim Education Foundation (AFEF) owns and provides governance to Deira International School. AFEF aims to realise its vision of taking education in the UAE to the next level of future readiness and of preparing students for an increasingly globalised and technologically advanced world. Al Futtaim Education Foundation is an initiative of the Al Futtaim family to support the vision of the Government of Dubai and the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) for the creation of a globally competitive economy while maximising its social contribution to the community through this not-for-profit endeavour.
At Al Futtaim Education Foundation, we are committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equality, and inclusion. We believe that every individual has the right to be respected and valued for who they are, and we strive to create a work environment where all members of our community feel safe, supported, and empowered to reach their full potential. This includes recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce, creating inclusive learning and working environments, and promoting equity in all of our policies and practices. We are dedicated to building a foundation of respect and understanding, and we actively work to eliminate discrimination, bias, and prejudice in all forms.
The School Receptionist responsibilities includes handling front office (Front of House) reception and administration duties, including greeting guests answering phones, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail.
- Undertake complete responsibility of the switchboard; answering all calls, e-mails and inquiries from students, parents and staff; take messages and convey information to concerned parties
- Greet and welcome the public with enthusiasm and assist all visitors with information
- Establish good familiarity with daily school events and general school related information
- Co-ordinate school-based events such as parent meetings and student events delivering excellent customer service
- Prepare the weekly School Bulletin for the Director including sourcing of stories and photographs
- Organize and schedule school tours and boardroom/meeting room bookings for school staff, and communicate details to relevant parties
- Maintain, sort and distribute mail for the school and assist personnel with the mailing and distribution of various documents and communication
- Ensure that the reception and surrounding areas are kept organized, clean and tidy
- All equipment in the reception area is in good working order and reporting any faults to the relevant department, i.e. (Printer issues – report to IT department)
- Order of staff/contractor ID cards as directed
- Distribute and update the internal phone extension numbers list to the whole school
- Deal with incoming / outgoing courier services i.e., Fedex & DHL
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
The successful applicant will be required to have the following:
- Minimum 2 years of experience of receptionist duties preferably in a school environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly and Welcoming
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use computers (E.g.; MS Office)
- Highly Organised
If you meet these criteria, we would very much welcome your application.
Deira International School, Festival City is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. A UK enhanced DBS or equivalent police check is a pre-requisite for all appointments.
Related Jobs (2)
Nursery Manager at JINS (Jumeirah International Nurseries) on November 28, 2023 Full Time