Human Resources Director – Jumeirah Al Qasr Hotel - (210000L1)
- Post Date:June 4, 2021
- Apply Before: July 3, 2021
- Views 10
- Offerd Salary confidentialCareer Level ManagerExperience 3 Years
- Gender BothINDUSTRY OthersQualification Certificate
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for an HR Director to join our Jumeirah Al Qasr team. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Develop and drive the hotel HR Strategy in line with Regional HR direction and monitor its execution to ensure achievement of the objectives.
- Lead the development of an integrated hotel HR plan in order to ensure alignment with the regional and corporate HR strategies whilst steering efforts towards key hotel priorities.
- Lead the implementation of organizational development frameworks, by recommending manpower levels and title/ grade changes, in order to maintain consistent staffing and structure models within the hotel.
- Lead the implementation of recruitment and internal mobility plans, by shortlisting candidates and reviewing transfer requests, in order to attract and retain competent colleagues.
- Manage senior management and key HOD appointments ensuring timely and effective recruitment and on-boarding.
Culture and Performance Management:
- Ensure National Development initiatives are well communicated and fully supported.
- Implement employee engagement initiatives across the hotel such as heart of house communications, long service awards, wellness events, and plan the employee engagement calendar..etc. and track effective engagement action plans across all departments.
- Lead the implementation of the talent management framework to build a highly competent workforce and a culture of achievement as well as to consistently recognize, reward and retain top talent within the hotel.
- Ensure training programs and development opportunities are deployed at a consistently high standard, aligned with business needs and Jumeirah culture and learning opportunities are provided on various mediums.
- Ensure all activities in performance management process are effectively executed so that colleagues have the opportunity to participate, receive feedback and be given opportunities to develop.
- Coordinate & drive talent management process in order to ensure talent management is fully embraced and the benefits fully realized.
- Regularly coach, mentor and support senior and high potential colleagues to identify individual strengths and development needs, develop and maintain effective relationships and encourage retention.
- Direct the delivery of employee relations services, including employee grievances and disciplinary action, by investigating cases and recommending conclusions, in order to ensure that all disputes are resolved in a fair and timely manner.
- Ensure Colleague Opinion Survey results are communicated, analysed and action plans are developed and reviewed on a regular basis to improve colleagues working and living conditions.
- To plan, drive and deploy colleague recognition, reward and engagement activities.
Budget and Forecasting:
- Plan & deploy the annual HR budget and capex process and ensure P&L’s are well managed and monitored.
- Consult on workforce planning activities in order to optimize staffing levels, productivity and service standards in the most cost effective manner.
- Direct the ongoing monitoring of the hotel’s HR activities in order to ensure that they accurately reflect the Group’s s employee value proposition and comply with the defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and budgets.
- Provide leadership and support to the HR team in order to increase knowledge, skill set, share best practice and achieve high performance standards and liaise with internal and external parties at the appropriate levels to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Lead the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and standardisation of HR systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Regularly analyse and review HR statistics to identify trends so that attention can be directed to key issues and resources adjusted accordingly.
- Ensure consistent standard of customer service, health & safety, good quality, nutritious and varied menus across colleague dining facilities as well as provide support with housing initiatives.
- Ensure the effective implementation of company-wide Human Resources policies, procedures and practices in accordance with the company objectives and UAE legislative requirements.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources Management or equivalent from an accredited and renowned University.
- 3-5 years experience in similar role in a luxury hospitality brand or a recognized blue-chip organization.
- Experience of working in a regional capacity and a solid understanding of cultural and market differences within the relevant countries
- Strong knowledge of key HR frameworks such as employment law, organizational planning, organization development and talent management.
- Budgeting for large scale projects/operations.
- Capable of developing, articulating and implementing business strategies and initiatives.
- Possesses strong problem-solving, reasoning and analytical abilities and a strategic thinker.
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package including dental coverage, flights home, life insurance, incentive programs, children’s education assistance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.
: United Arab Emirates (AE)-Dubai-Dubai
: Madinat Jumeirah [MJ]
: Jun 3, 2021, 11:54:52 AM